Thursday, April 14, 2011

Geyser Notebook graduates to beta!

Geyser Notebook v0.6 is now available at the Android Market. I created the app to replace my Yellowstone geyser gazing notebook, and I'm hopeful that others find it useful as well. Plus, I like the idea of being able to get real-time eruption reports even when I'm far from the geysers.

The most prominent feature upgrade in this release is the ability to flag and delete reports. If you submit a report and later decide it was in error, go to the Timeline and long press the observation. A context menu will appear with the option "Flag / Delete Observation". When selected, and if it's your report, the observation will be deleted. If the option is chosen for someone else's report, the observation will be flagged for administrative review.

"My Reports" has also been upgraded. Any reports made from your app will go into that special Timeline area. Further, if you notice an eruption in the Timeline that you also observed, just long press it and you will get the option to copy it to "My Reports".

There's still a lot of work to do before the app completely replaces my physical field notebook, but I consider this release a solid step forward.

See you at the geysers!
Alan Glennon

No comments: